An exquisite collection of tiles that mimic the beauty and characteristics of natural travertine. Available in five colour options, Nebula tiles offer beautiful interest, variation and style.
Nebula Porcelain Range
From £38.50 /m² + VAT
Lead time 2 to 3 weeks
When ordering include 10-15% for wastage and cuts
Nebula range are rectified tiles
Non-rectified and rectified
Non-rectified porcelain or ceramic tiles are cut to size prior to the firing process. The firing process then causes a degree of shrinkage and warping. These tiles are graded after firing but do not undergo any additional cutting. Because of this, greater variation in size (usually a matter of 1-2mm difference) between tiles should be expected compared with a rectified tile.
Rectified tiles are cut to size after the firing process and so are much more precisely sized and have perfect 90 degree corners.
When designing the tile layout consideration should be given as to whether tiles are rectified or non-rectified as this will have an influence on joint width and pattern. In order to avoid emphasising this variation, if staggering joints then it should be by a maximum of 30% of the length, i.e. do not install brick bond – either install in-line (stacked bond) or stagger the joints randomly but no more than 30%. Tiles should be installed using a clip levelling system such as Raimondi Tile Levelling System
- Sweep or vacuum porcelain floors regularly.
- Microfibre mops are ideal for porcelain floors however dampen mop slightly rather than saturating. We recommend using Lithofin KF Conditioning Cleaner.
- Always wipe accidental spills up immediately using a soft, slightly damp cloth.
Porcelain flooring and walling is relatively easy to look after, although there are a few things that you can do to ensure that your porcelain continues to perform for you:
- Place felt floor pads under furniture for damage-free moving.
- Never place organic material such as potted plants directly onto porcelain.